27 YEARS OF PREACHING GOD'S WORD
Pastor Barnes was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois to the late Rev. Dr. Carsie Barnes, Jr and Mrs. Mary Y Barnes. Pastor Barnes accepted Christ at an early age at Antioch M.B. Church South under the leadership of his father who served as Pastor/Teacher for 34 years. Rev. Barnes was educated in the Chicago School System and electrician by trade.
- Married to Mattie J. Barnes
- 3 Children - Carsie IV, Megan, Carson
Philippians 4:13 - “I can do all things through Christ that strengtheth me."
God Has Smiled On Me. He has set me free. God has smiled on me. He's been good to me.
- May 1995 - Accepted his call to the Gospel Ministry
- June 1995 - Preached his first sermon at Antioch M.B. Church-So.
- June 1995 - Licensed at the Antioch Baptist Church South
- October 1997 - Ordained at the Antioch Baptist Church South
- 1999 - Became the Co-Pastor of Antioch under the leadership of his father and pastor, Rev. Dr. Carsie E. Barnes, Jr.
- February 2004, Elevated to Pastor/Teacher/Servant of the Antioch M.B. Church South
- June 2000 - Received the Bachelor of Theology Degree from the Chicago Baptist Institute.
- May 2013 - Received Master of Divinity from Martha’s Vineyard Theological Seminary.
- May 2014 - Received Doctorate of Ministry Degree from Martha’s Vineyard Theological Seminary.
- March 2015 - Received The President's Volunteer Service Award from President Barak Obama.
- Former Moderator of Salem Baptist District Association of Chicago, Illinois. Served 2013-2019
- Former Chairman of Moderators Baptist General State Convention of Illinois.
- Former Chairman of late-night service for Baptist General State Convention of Illinois.
- Member of the National Moderators of National Baptist Convention USA Inc.
- 3rd Vice President of Pastor’s Conference of Chicago & Vicinity.
- Professor at the Clement of Alexander Theological Academy
- Lecturer for Baptist General State Convention of Illinois.
To God Be The Glory For The Things He Has Done.